This course can be completed as full-Time or Part-Time
Requirements for student entry:
(Level 3) Grade 11 /12. This programme also requires the registration fee and deposits for prospective students to be accepted for the course.
Purpose and Rationale of the Qualification:
The purpose of the Further Education and Training Certificate: Beauty and Nail Technology is to develop the self-directed skills and knowledge of those employed in the beauty industry as nail technologists, beautician or make-up artists. It is designed for people who wish to extend their range of skills and knowledge of the industry and those wishing to follow a career in beauty industry. The qualification is aimed at developing the necessary task skills, task management skills and job/role management skills of those working or intending to work in the beauty industry. The students will be able to integrate the generic salon requisite skills, knowledge, values and attitudes with those specific to the beauty industry, ensuring the business in which they operate runs smoothly and offers excellent customer service according to industry standards.
SAQA Learning Outcomes 1-4 includes:
- Skincare & Eye Treatments
- Manicure & Pedicure
- Make-up Artistry
- Depilation / Waxing
- Holistic Massage
- Nail Technology (Four systems silk, fibre, gel and acrylic)
- Professional Conduct & Business Awareness 1 year
- Anatomy and Physiology 1 year
Deposit - R5 000 (payable on application)
Uniform - R1 245 (payable on application)
Course Fee - R30 000 (10 monthly instalments)
Practical Kit Estimate - R12 000 (high quality kits included in tuition fees)
Independent ITEC Assessment Estimate - R5 000 (International Examination for National and International Employment)
First Aid Compulsory - R800 (included in tuition fees)
TOTAL TUITION FEES - R54 045 (Total payment required before final National and International Examinations)
- The Deposit and uniform is payable on enrolment R 6 245.00
- Monthly instalments include the Course fee, Practical kit, The ITEC International exam fee and the First Aid fee and is payable over 10 months @ R 4 780.00
- Instalments fees commence strictly from 1 Feb 2016 till 1 Nov 2016. Learners only receive kits once deposit and 1st instalment is paid.
- ITEC international fees are included in Tuition fees for learners to have better employment opportunities
- Nail Technology course and Holistic Massage and kit included with the Beauty & and Nail Technology 80646 tuition fees.
- This course has the most comprehensive course outline and includes all four learning outcomes for the 1 year Beauty and Nail Technology certificate 80646 as well as the requirements for the ITEC Beauty Specialist International Diploma