Helia-D International Company Profile
Melinda van der Walt is the Director of Helia-D International and is qualified in beauty courses, assessor, and moderator as well as business qualifications that include a MBA.
The Helia-D International Health and Beauty training colleges offer beauty therapy courses since 1997 in Randburg and then expanded into regional sites of delivery in Rustenburg, and recently Johannesburg South.
Our philosophy is the “Art of Beauty” is to be mastered by students and therapists. Helia-D Colleges offer small personalised classes and concentrate on theory and practical that is salon orientated. Helia-D students are sought after in the industry due the intense and professional training. We don’t cut corners and take pride in all of our graduates.
The regional campuses are extensions of the main Randburg campus and monitored internally by head office. Each campus is independent and assessments are done by head office. Students must complete case students under college supervision and experiential hours at supervised salons. Learners are assisted with employment opportunities through the college and social media platforms. View website: www.heliad.co.za
“Our Vision is to be the BEST in providing Quality Education Training, Practical Knowledge and Learner Satisfaction. Leading the way in the Development and Implementation of Beauty Therapy Qualifications in the Professional Health and Skincare Therapy Field”
"To Be the Best Study with the Best!"
- Credibility in Education and Training competencies: To develop a learner’s ability to become a unique individual in the Health and Beauty services related market, by learning the fundamental, core and elective competencies and applying them in work related situations.
- Integration of the systems and approaches using assessments and moderations in education and training skills in theory and practical areas relating to the accredited outcomes.
- Experiential learning by offering in-house salon and partnership collaboration training with beauty salons in order to maintain learning outcomes and exercise training facilitation. Offering the learners employment opportunities in the beauty salons as part of the course and qualifications.
- Social and Business Skills development in learning to work with people and promote business activities.
- Cultural Relations in offering personalized classes to provide quality and individual attention, by offering fair advantage in training opportunities.
- Resources and Intellectual Property provided to assist with development. Standards of the qualification are closely followed
as accredited by SAQA.
- Bridging gaps and Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) between work industries, thereby furthering education and assisting with adult empowerment whereby giving credit to learners who have gained experience through life and non-formal courses.
- Technological advances allowing learners to maintain and upgrade in a profession that has technology that is constantly advancing towards development of the Professional Beauty Therapy Trade.
- Portability of credits and Flexibility of the institution to allow for learners to transfer credits from one institution to another. Unit standards to be compared and an RPL procedure implemented to benefit the learner financially and ethically whereby allowing an atmosphere cultivate and nurture awareness and motivate a lifelong learning for the learners.
Helia-D International Course Enrolments:
Full Time Qualifications
- National -6 months Beauty Technology 80646
- National -1 year Beauty Technology including Massage 80646
- National -1 year Beauty & Nail Technology including Nail Technology & Massage 80646
- International - 6 months Beauty Technology ITEC
- International - 6 months Facial & Body electrical ITEC
- International - 6 months Holistic Therapies ITEC
Part Time Courses
- Manicure & Pedicure - 30 hours
- Waxing / Depilation including Brazilian wax training - 30 hours
- Skin Care & Eye Treatments - 36 hours
- Make-Up Artistry - 30 hours
- Nail Technology - 33 hours
- Holistic Massage - 30 hours
- We can offer group discounts to offer more opportunity for further enrolments.
- Helia-D International is a wholesaler to the Beauty & Hair and can assist with discounted prices to learnship programmes.
In addition to having 3 campuses and currently in negotiation with potential future sites we also are suppliers of Beauty salon & hair dressing products to the industry since 1992.
We have regional agents that distribute Supernova & Melinda waxes nationally in Africa.
How to Enrol at Helia-D
- Complete the Enrollment form, when you have decided upon a course/s that you would like to attend. Attach a copy of your identification document for administration purposes.
- EFTs or cash/credit card payments are required for the registration of learning programmes.
- Fax or email the proof of payment to the correct campus together with your enrolment form and copy of ID.
- Kits ordered must accompany proof of payment and be electronically sent to our fax or email address, no later than two weeks before the commencement of the registered course
Please note that the prices on the kit lists are subject to change and therefore the office requires that the applicant complete the order form. An invoice will be issued to indicate the total amount. Please ensure that your contact details are on the kit list in order for the office to send the invoice.
Helia-D International Account - Student Fees & Kit Purchases
We trust that you will enjoy your training at Helia-D International Health & Beauty Training College, and look forward to meeting you.