Beauty Specialist Certificate 6 Months
Requirements for student entry:
- (Level 3) Grade 11 /12.
- This programme requires the registration fee and deposits for prospective students to be accepted for the course
- Skincare & Eye Treatments
- Manicure & Pedicure
- Make-up Artistry
- Depilation / Waxing
- Professional Conduct & Business Awareness 6 months
- Anatomy and Physiology 6 months
- Deposit – R8 000 (payable on application)
- Uniform – R1 245 (payable on application)
- Course Fee – R17 000 (5 monthly instalments)
- Practical Kit Estimate – R9 000 (included in Tuition fees)
- Independent ITEC Assessment Estimate – R5 000 (International Examination for National and International Employment)
- First Aid Compulsory – R800 (included in Tuition fees)
- TOTAL TUITION FEES – R41 045 (total payment required before final National and International Examinations)
- The Deposit and uniform is payable on enrolment R 9 245.00
- Monthly instalments include the Course fee, Practical kit, The ITEC International exam fee and the First Aid fee and is payable over 5 months @ R6 360 p/m.
- Instalments fees commence strictly from 1 Feb 2016 till 1 June 2016. Learners only receive kits once deposit and 1st instalment is paid.
- ITEC international fees are included in Tuition fees for learners to have better employment opportunities.
This course has the course outline as well as the requirements for the ITEC Beauty Specialist International Diploma.
The subjects included are described as follows in line with ITEC requirements for international examination:
Case studies for each core subject can be done on premises with assistance of facilitators (minimum two afternoons /week). Hours worked as salon experience is to be completed before examinations.
Case Studies are strictly required for entrance into the examination.
On completion of the Beauty Specialist and requirements have been met the course will allow the student to enter into the International ITEC Beauty Specialist Diploma exam in November/December.
- There are no compulsory pre-requisite subjects however, Biology and Science is recommended.
- Computer literacy for research projects and personal skills are required for ease of learning.
- Health and physical requirements are essential due to the amount of practical hours and training required.
Please note that English is the official language at Helia-D, and therefore it is a compulsory entry requirement.